Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Week 1 EOC My Voice

I am a Film maker. I have been interested in film ever since I was a child (around the age of five), ever since I saw my first film “The Terminator”. This school is perfect for my needs of becoming a film maker, the program Digital Film Editing and Video Production has taught me a lot about film and film production. I find that my strong points in video production are in the editing process. After doing a few edits I realized that I want to be a film editor. I learned that there is a whole lot more in making a film than just pointing the camera and shoot, that’s a big part of it, but not all of it. Pre-production, post-production and production. Pre-production is the most important. This school has taught me to basically be the “jack of all trades” in this industry. To not just be an editor, but to also be a cameraman, lighting, sound, script, etc. and I feel that my strong points are not only in the editing process in post-production, but also in the graphics department as well. I have done some amazing graphics in After Effects and find that that is only the beginning, there are so many things that I can create in After Effects and also combine them in my editing for a film.

No comments:

Post a Comment