Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 4 EOC: Advertising is based on happiness

Happiness

A time that I bought something and was really happy with it and continue to be happy with it was when I bought my Playstation 3. It has been three years now since I have bought this video game system and to this day I am still happy with it. Although it was very expensive ($600) I knew that it was an expensive buy, but the main reason why I had to have it, other than the fact that it was Sony’s brand new video game system, was the fact that the system was backwards compatible. Backwards compatible meaning that I was going to be able to play my Playstation 1 and Playstation 2 games on it. Unfortunately for the people that have the new Playstation 3’s, they are not backwards compatible, but for some reason, to me being a dedicated gamer, I had to have that backwards compatibleness and Sony has made me very happy with this purchase.

Dissonance

A time when I bought something (and still paying off) was when I bought my brand new (at the time) Saturn Astra. At first I didn’t want to trade in my current car which was a Saturn Ion, I was very happy with it, but I had to get rid of it because it was starting to give me some problems and the car had over 86,000 miles on it. So I got myself a brand new Saturn Astra, still on the model floor and had only 11 miles on the odometer. Now two years later I still have the car, it is very reliable, but to this day I still wish I had my Saturn Ion because that car really brought me happiness. The Saturn Astra still brings me happiness because it gets me to where I need and want to go, but the Saturn Ion just made me happier than the Astra.

No comments:

Post a Comment